Victor’s Famous Vegetable Soup
- 8 cups of water
- Vegetable bouillon cubes
- I package of dry onion mix
- 28 oz. can stewed tomatoes
- 12 oz. package of frozen mixed vegetables
- Ground turkey or beef (you don’t have to put meat in the soup, but if you choose to use it, fry it before adding to the soup)
- Uncooked rice OR chunked potatoes OR noodles (ONLY USE ONE)
- Put 8 cups of water (or less depending on how much soup you want to make) in a large kettle.
- Add the number of bouillon cubes needed for the amount of water you use. Victor prefers vegetable bouillon cubes, but chicken or beef ones would work as well.
- Add 1 package of dry onion mix. If you use less than 8 cups of water, adjust the amount of onion mix accordingly.
- Add the can of stewed tomatoes, including all the liquid.
- Cook on medium till the liquid is hot, then add the frozen mixed vegetables.
- If you’re using rice or potatoes, add now. If you prefer noodles, add six to eight minutes before you’re serving the soup.
- Add the ground meat.
- Turn heat on medium low and let the soup simmer and the flavors mingle.